Enforcement and Post-Divorce Actions

Enforcement and Post-Divorce Lawyers in Frederick and Rockville

Rockville divorce lawyers helping enforce ordersWhen you are not receiving the child support or alimony support that you have been awarded in a divorce judgment, our firm is here to help.

Are you paying too much for support? Has your child turned eighteen? Have you worked out a plan for college tuition for your children? Whether it is a modification of an existing order, an amendment to an agreement, or an entirely new situation that has arisen, you can feel confident with experienced legal counsel in your corner.

Contact our firm to schedule a consultation at our office with a post-divorce lawyer in Frederick or Rockville.

Child Support Enforcement Attorneys

A parent who has primary custody of his or her children and is entitled to financial assistance should have assurance that the noncustodial parent’s obligations will be met.

We help clients explore a number of options when child support goes unpaid. These include:

  • Interception of federal and state tax refunds
  • Driver’s license suspension
  • Professional license suspension
  • Administrative liens
  • Wage garnishments

As a last resort, we can pursue a contempt of court order. This is a court’s official determination that the noncustodial parent has the ability to pay but is not doing so. Penalties for contempt can include jail time.

Options for Alimony Enforcement

Many of the options available in seeking enforcement of child support orders are also available when alimony goes unpaid.  With our team of attorneys, you will receive expert support in all enforcement matters. Clients can be confident in knowing their rights and obligations regarding paying or receiving spousal support.


In cases where the former spouse has had a significant change of circumstances that affects his or her ability to pay alimony or child support, a modification to the existing order may be available. Our firm provides zealous representation to clients on both sides of this delicate issue.

Contact Fait  & DiLima, LLP Today

Speak with our experienced and dedicated post-divorce lawyers in Frederick and Rockville for assistance regarding an existing court order following a divorce. Call 301-251-0100 or email us to arrange a consultation.