Maryland Divorce Attorney For Women
Are You A Woman Thinking About (Or Ready To File For) Divorce, Or Have Been Served Divorce Papers And Looking For A Frederick Area Divorce Law Firm That Understands The Burden Women May Face In A Divorce?
Look, We Know We're Not The Only Divorce Lawyers In Maryland, And We Know You May Be Searching For The Right Attorney to Help You. We're Different. We Have Successfully Handled A LOT Of Women's Divorces, Probably Just Like Yours. We Do Not Complicate Cases For Extra Billing, Really Care, And Keep Our Focus on the Best Interests Of You & Your Family.
Why Choose Fait & DiLima?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 5-star rating on Google and 10.0 Superb rating on respected legal site AVVO.
- Privacy – We safeguard your identity, the details of your case, and our strategy to protect your reputation.
- Confidential Case Assessment – During your phone assessment, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what is necessary, even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – Your situation requires honesty from you and me. We will tell you what you need to know, not necessarily what you want to hear. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We have a personal connection to divorce and family law matters. We know what you’ve been through and care about your well-being. You are more than just a legal matter.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Client-Focused – We offer skilled legal advice and advocacy for clients in Montgomery and Frederick Counties and surrounding areas.
More and more commonly, women take primary provider roles in marriages, increasing the chances of Alimony, Child, and Spousal support being abused. Our experienced team can help you protect yourself and your hard-earned income from the grueling aspects of divorce.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (301) 251-0100 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within one business day and often the same day. Don’t hesitate. Your questions are welcome!
Child Custody / Conservatorship
Maryland strives to ensure that both parents have the right to time and custody of their child. While this is generally believed to be best for the child(ren), that is not always the case. Our firm will help you construct a case to ensure the best outcome for you and your child(ren).
Hiring our experienced Family Law Attorneys can help protect you and your reputation through a Divorce. We will help you transition to this new phase in your life as seamlessly as possible while fighting for you and your rights.
Aspects of Divorce & Family Law We Assist You With
Depending on whether children are involved, additional aspects of Divorce include the list below. Be comforted to know that we will never make any decisions on your case without ensuring you have the final word.
- Grounds for divorce in Maryland
- No-fault divorce
- Separation agreements
- Division of marital property
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
- Alimony/spousal support
- Domestic violence
- Effects of drug and alcohol abuse on the family
- Post-divorce actions (Modification, Contempt, and Amendments)
- Appeals & Legislation
An unfortunate reality in divorce is, though you loved each other at one time, each spouse may not be as concerned about the well being of the other as they once were. This disinterest can lead to stowing away assets to reduce the amount of child support or maintenance granted. We will help track down assets and ensure you and your child(ren), if applicable, receive the support you are owed.
Equitable Distribution in Maryland
Maryland is an “equitable distribution” state, meaning that property such as the house will be divided based on what the court deems “fair.” Financial contribution will usually be considered when dividing marital property, which could be detrimental to you; for example, if you were a housewife. We work to ensure the property distribution is fair for both the primary earner and the secondary earner or dependent spouse.
Partner Abandonment After A Medical Diagnosis
Nationally, women are 6 times more likely to have divorce or separation filed on them after a significant medical diagnosis like cancer or multiple sclerosis. When you need the most support, you may be alone and unsure how to move forward. Fait & DiLima will help you get the support you need and ensure you get what is right in your divorce.
Client Reviews – Fait & DiLima, PLC
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“ straight forward and honest,” “stellar in her profession,” “staff is always there to help,” “whip smart, extremely confident,” “when we go before a judge, even if it’s only a scheduling hearing, I am really glad she’s my lawyer,” “calming, comforting, nice, smart, professional, logistical and always has a smile on her face,” “appeared to be well respected by the Masters and Judges,” “very experienced and professional,” “temperament and demeanor are well suited to the high conflict and high emotion family law practice,” “prepared, civil and a strong advocate,” “Ms. DiLima brings her legal experience, professional acumen, and a commitment to her client’s interests to her practice,” “always responsive, professional, and clearly an expert,” “I had no doubt that I was in good hands,” “perfect mixture of professionally skillful and also kind and empathetic,”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
We help families both locally within or near the Frederick area.
Locally, clients come to us from Rockville, Germantown, Silver Spring, Gaithersburg, Bethesda, Aspen Hill, Chevy Chase, and other areas.
We understand that the divorce experience can differ greatly from person to person. Some people who come to see us to discuss divorce are in the very early stages of contemplating a split while others may be reeling from unexpectedly being served with a summons and complaint for divorce by their spouse. Some may have an early inkling that their spouse is considering dissolving the marriage and want to educate themselves about the legal implications in advance. In other situations, both spouses may have known for years that divorce is the right option for them but have only recently decided that the timing is right.
We understand that people in different situations have different needs and concerns, and we help them find their way.
What To Do Now:
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Call our office at (301) 251-0100 with questions and a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office, and you can expect a reply within 1 business day and often within hours of the same day. All information you share is confidential.