Rockville Divorce Attorney for Men
Are You A Man Thinking About (Or Ready To File For) Divorce, Or Been Served Divorce Papers and Looking for a Rockville Area Divorce Law Firm That Understands The Potential Disadvantage Of Being A Divorcing Man?
Look, We Know We're Not The Only Divorce Lawyers In Maryland, And We Know That You May Be Searching For The Right Attorney to Help You. We're Different. We Have Successfully Handled A LOT Of Men's Divorces, Probably Just Like Yours. We Do Not Complicate Cases For Extra Billing, Really Care And Keep Our Focus on the Best Interests Of You & Your Family.
Traditionally, Courts have a reputation as being “Pro-Mom” in divorce cases involving children. While generally, fathers are winning 50/50 custody with their ex-spouse today, many fathers don’t want to leave the custody of their children to chance. Our Maryland Family Lawyers understand the disposition of fathers and can help ensure the best outcome from your divorce.
Why Choose Fait & DiLima?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 5-star rating on Google and 10.0 Superb rating on respected legal site AVVO.
- Privacy – We safeguard your identity, the details of your case, and our strategy to protect your reputation.
- Confidential Case Assessment – During your phone assessment, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what is necessary, even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – Your situation requires honesty from you and me. We will tell you what you need to know, not necessarily what you want to hear. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We have a personal connection to divorce and family law matters. We know what you’ve been through and care about your well-being. You are more than just a legal matter.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Client-Focused – We offer skilled legal advice and advocacy for clients in Montgomery and Frederick Counties and surrounding areas.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (301) 251-0100 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within one business day and often the same day. Don’t hesitate. Your questions are welcome!
Retaliatory Tactics In Divorce
A rare yet serious event that may take place in high-contention divorces is retaliation. Maryland judges frown upon retaliation as uncooperative; however, it does not always deter the offending party from attempting it. Retaliation can come in the form of untrue allegations of marital misconduct and, in the most severe cases, misconduct against children of the marriage. This tactic can be severely detrimental to a divorce case, and unfortunately, it is often weaponized against men in the marriage when the other spouse feels scorned. Our experienced Family Lawyers will help clear your name and achieve the best outcome for your situation.
Certain aspects of divorce can be seen as harsher for men. Many men are either “sole earners” or the household’s primary earner, subjecting them to harsher alimony/maintenance and split property rulings. Maryland is an “equitable distribution” state, meaning that property such as the house will be divided based on what the court deems “fair.” Financial contribution will usually be taken into account when dividing marital property.
Father’s Rights in Maryland
Marriage in Maryland automatically presumes the father of a child to be the mother’s husband, so long as there is no active paternity dispute and the husband and wife are living together as a family. This makes things significantly easier for fathers fighting for custodial rights. Still, many fathers have to jump through hoops in some instances to ensure the best interest of their child(ren). In a worst-case scenario, fathers are denied their visitation rights. You can prepare for this by working with our experienced and bold team to protect your reputation and relationship with your child(ren).
Client Reviews – Fait & DiLima, PLC
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“ straight forward and honest,” “stellar in her profession,” “staff is always there to help,” “whip smart, extremely confident,” “when we go before a judge, even if it’s only a scheduling hearing, I am really glad she’s my lawyer,” “calming, comforting, nice, smart, professional, logistical and always has a smile on her face,” “appeared to be well respected by the Masters and Judges,” “very experienced and professional,” “temperament and demeanor are well suited to the high conflict and high emotion family law practice,” “prepared, civil and a strong advocate,” “Ms. DiLima brings her legal experience, professional acumen, and a commitment to her client’s interests to her practice,” “always responsive, professional, and clearly an expert,” “I had no doubt that I was in good hands,” “perfect mixture of professionally skillful and also kind and empathetic,”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
We help families both locally within or near the Rockville area.
Locally, clients come to us from Frederick, Germantown, Silver Spring, Gaithersburg, Bethesda, Aspen Hill, Chevy Chase, and other areas.
We understand that the divorce experience can differ greatly from person to person. Some people who come to us to discuss divorce are in the very early stages of contemplating a split while others may be reeling from unexpectedly being served with a summons and complaint for divorce by their spouse. Some may have an early inkling that their spouse is considering dissolving the marriage and want to educate themselves about the legal implications in advance. In other situations, both spouses may have known for years that divorce is the right option for them but have only recently decided that the timing is right.
We understand that people in different situations have different needs and concerns, and we help them find their way.