Why Choose Fait & DiLima?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 5 star rating on Google, as well as 10.0 Superb rating on respected legal site AVVO.
- Privacy – We safeguard your identity, the details of your case, and our strategy to protect your reputation.
- Confidential Case Assessment – During your phone assessment, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – Your situation requires honesty from both me and you. We will tell you what you need to know, not necessarily what you want to hear. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We have a personal connection to divorce and family law matters. We know what you’ve been through and we care about your well-being. You are more than just a legal matter.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Client Focused – We offer skilled legal advice and advocacy for clients in Montgomery and Frederick County and surrounding areas.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (301) 251-0100 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within one business day and often the same day. Don’t hesitate. Your questions are welcome!
Our Rockville divorce attorneys provide skilled legal guidance and representation regarding a variety of divorce-related matters, including:
- Grounds for divorce in Maryland
- No-fault divorce
- Separation agreements
- Division of marital property
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
- Alimony/spousal support
- Domestic violence
- Effects of drug and alcohol abuse on the family
- Post-divorce actions (Modification, Contempt, and Amendments)
- Appeals & Legislation
Rockville and Frederick Same-Sex Divorce Lawyers
With same-sex marriage now legal in the U.S., couples can benefit from the full range of family law services that our firm offers. This includes the preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, second parent adoptions, and protecting the rights of parents using assisted reproductive technologies.
For newly married couples, we assist with planning, drafting, and creating prenuptial agreements. For married same-sex couples who are considering a legal separation, our attorneys are ready to assist individuals with the delicate matters of property distribution, alimony, child custody and support, and other frequently contested matters.
Understanding Grounds for Divorce
Although Maryland is a no-fault divorce state, filing for divorce and going through the process without an attorney to properly walk you through your case can negatively affect the outcome of your divorce.
Maryland is a no-fault divorce state, meaning that it’s not necessary to prove any wrongdoing by you or your spouse if you want to get divorced. But, when you work with your attorney to file for divorce, you would need to specify that you and your spouse lived separately for at least a year. Either you or your spouse can file for divorce.
However, if you feel there is a reason that your marriage is ending that you would like to use as the reason for your divorce, Maryland does have certain grounds to claim someone was at fault.
Fault Grounds for Divorce
Although there’s no need to use fault grounds to get divorced, there are some circumstances that Maryland law recognizes that can be used to prove your spouse was at fault, like:
- Conviction of a certain crime.
- Desertion (your spouse left for at least 12 months before you filed for divorce.)
- Excessively vicious conduct.
Once you’ve decided to provide information to your divorce attorney about whether your spouse is at fault for your divorce, your attorney will begin filing paperwork on your behalf if you also meet residency requirements.
Client Reviews – Fait & DiLima, PLC
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“ straight forward and honest,” “stellar in her profession,” “staff is always there to help,” “whip smart, extremely confident,” “when we go before a judge, even if it’s only a scheduling hearing, I am really glad she’s my lawyer,” “calming, comforting, nice, smart, professional, logistical and always has a smile on her face,” “appeared to be well respected by the Masters and Judges,” “very experienced and professional,” “temperament and demeanor are well suited to the high conflict and high emotion family law practice,” “prepared, civil and a strong advocate,” “Ms. DiLima brings her legal experience, professional acumen, and a commitment to her client’s interests to her practice,” “always responsive, professional, and clearly an expert,” “I had no doubt that I was in good hands,” “perfect mixture of professionally skillful and also kind and empathetic,”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
We help families both locally within or near the Rockville area.
Locally, clients come to us from Frederick, Germantown, Silver Spring, Gaithersburg, Bethesda, Aspen Hill, Chevy Chase, and other areas.
We understand that the divorce experience can differ greatly from person to person. Some people who come to see us to discuss divorce are in the very early stages of contemplating a split while others may be reeling from unexpectedly being served with a summons and complaint for a divorce by their spouse. Some may have an early inkling that their spouse is considering dissolving the marriage and want to educate themselves about the legal implications in advance. In other situations, both spouses may have known for years that divorce is the right option for them but have only recently decided that the timing is right.
We understand that people in different situations have different needs and concerns, and we help them find their way.
What To Do Now:
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Call our office (301) 251-0100(301) 251-0100 with questions, a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office and you can expect a reply within 1 business day and often within hours the same day. All information you share is confidential.