Family Lawyers in Rockville, MD
Fait & DiLima, LLP has experienced family lawyers to guide you through different family matters, including divorce and child custody.
Family Lawyers in Rockville, MD
The purpose of family laws in Maryland is to help regulate the different matters between family members, including property and relationships. If there is a disagreement between spouses, a court can intervene to decide for them.
The proceedings can get technical and complex. Various factors can play a role in the situation, easily confusing anyone involved.
At Fait & DiLima, LLP, we offer you years of experience in the field of family law to guide you through this trying time.
How to Choose a Family Lawyer
If you are looking for a Rockville family lawyer, you have three primary considerations:
- What does their experience look like? Do they have the proper credentials to handle your case?
- Reputation plays a role in choosing a Rockville family lawyer. It makes a difference.
- Ask about their previous cases similar to yours and how they handled them.
More than everything, you need to know that your family lawyer has your best interest in mind.
Book a consultation today if you want to discover how our Rockville family lawyer can ease your burden. We will be happy to discuss your case.
What Family Law Covers
Maryland family laws cover a variety of situations, including:
- Divorce proceedings – For people who want to end their marriage for one reason or another, divorce is the primary recourse. That opens up other family matters.
- Child custody and visitation – After separation, the court can help determine which parties are best suited to keep custody of their children.
- Alimony – The court also looks at which spouse can support the other after separation if needed.
- Domestic violence – In cases where one spouse is physically, mentally, or emotionally violent to another, the law can step in.
- Pre and post-nuptial agreements – Mutual understanding between the parties about properties and other things before and after they are married.
Other areas covered by family law include adoption, protective orders, and marital property distribution.
Starting A Family Case
A family case begins with one party providing their written statement, which can be a motion, complaint, or petition, to the proper department. That will then be processed, and the other party will receive a summons or a court-issued document asking the other person to respond to the written statement.
The summoned party will then provide their response, either contesting the matter or not. If the parties do not agree on the issues, the case becomes contested, and the unresolved matters will go to court. Uncontested cases are when both parties agree on everything.
During the early stages of a contested case, parties can go to mediation or settlement to resolve the remaining matters.
If you plan to file a family case or are facing one, have an experienced Rockville family lawyer by your side. Contact the team at Fait & DiLima, LLP today.
Ask a Question
Describe your Situation Or
Request a Consultation
Please type your message below and we will get back to you asap.
Why Choose Fait & Dilima, LLp?
- Decades of Experience – Established in 1979, the firm has over 30 years of experience helping the people of Maryland with family law issues.
- Dedicated Team – Our team focuses on your best interest by giving a personalized approach to your situation. Together, we will work towards your goal.
- Understanding and Empathic – Having handled many family law and divorce cases, our lawyers are empathic and understand your situation well. We know what you are going through and will guide you through the legal process.
Family laws in Maryland were created in case there is a dispute between the parties. It is a way to get mediation on sensitive topics like divorce, child custody, and other family-related affairs.
Not all cases have to go to court, though. It is best to keep a judge out of the proceedings if possible. The first step is through a professional meeting between the parties with their respective family lawyers present to ensure a healthy discussion.
How Family Lawyers Help
The decisions you make regarding sensitive matters covered under family law can get destructive for your finances if you base them on pure emotions.
At Fait & DiLima, LLP, our lawyers understand your situation. Our goal is to help you navigate through the process and present the available options.
You do not have to go through this time alone. If you need a one-on-one consultation about your situation, you can reach out to us. Then talk to our Rockville family lawyer to understand your case and know your legal options.
Why Choose Us
Real Clients, Real Testimonials
Responsive & Accessible
When divorce and other family law issues must be resolved, there are no substitutes for an attorney’s experience and dedication to client satisfaction. The Frederick and Rockville divorce lawyers of Fait & DiLima, LLP have more than 50 years of combined experience and an unmatched commitment to help individuals and families navigate challenging times.
Contact the Rockville and Frederick family law attorneys of Fait & DiLima, LLP today to schedule a consultation and discuss your legal needs. Fill out the contact form or give us a call. We have offices in Rockville and Frederick; both are conveniently located near the courthouses.
Contact Our Firm
Latest Blogs and News
Fait & DiLima, LLP, Maryland Family Lawyers, Celebrate Women’s History Month
ROCKVILLE, Maryland—Fait & DiLima, LLP, a family law firm with offices in Rockville and Frederick, Maryland, celebrates Women’s History Month
What Are Alternatives To Litigation In A Maryland Divorce?
Is your marriage over? Are you ready to file for divorce but are uncomfortable about the idea of appearing in
How Does Child Support Work In Maryland?
In the United States, parents are legally obligated to care for their minor children. The status of the parents’ relationship