Rockville Alimony Lawyer
Divorced or Divorcing and Looking for a Maryland Alimony Attorney That Patiently Explains Your Options, Is Focused on Your Well Being, Plans For Your Future Happiness, All While Protecting Your Lifestyle?
Why Choose Fait & DiLima?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 5 star rating on Google, as well as 10.0 Superb rating on respected legal site AVVO.
- Privacy – We safeguard your identity, the details of your case, and our strategy to protect your reputation.
- Confidential Case Assessment – During your phone assessment, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – Your situation requires honesty from both me and you. We will tell you what you need to know, not necessarily what you want to hear. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We have a personal connection to divorce and family law matters. We know what you’ve been through and we care about your well-being. You are more than just a legal matter.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Client Focused – We offer skilled legal advice and advocacy for clients in Montgomery and Frederick County and surrounding areas.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (301) 251-0100 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within one business day and often the same day. Don’t hesitate. Your questions are welcome!
Alimony in Maryland can be classified in one of two ways:
Rehabilitative alimony: This form of spousal support is intended as a short-term measure to give the recipient spouse time to pursue education or training to eventually become self-supporting.
Indefinite alimony: This form of spousal support is typically awarded to a spouse who is older or unable to provide for himself or herself due to disability or illness. Less often, indefinite alimony can be awarded when there will be a substantial difference between the two spouses’ standard of living after the divorce. Indefinite alimony payments are long-term and will continue until the death of either spouse or it is modified or terminated by a court.
Primary Factors in Determining Spousal Support
There are a number of factors that should are considered in the process of determining the amount of a spousal support award. While the Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines are advisory, the court is not required to strictly adhere to them. If the court chooses to deviate from the guidelines, however, it is required to document the reasons for doing so.
Whether a spouse is entitled to support is dependent on a number of factors, such as:
- Length of the relationship
- The age of the spouses
- The income of each party
- The earning capacity of the spouses
- The needs of the spouses
- The ability to provide support
- The number of children
- The care of the children
- Each spouse’s contributions to the relationship
- The roles of each spouse during the relationship
- The standard of living established during the relationship
- The ability of a spouse to become self-supporting
Post Judgment Alimony / Spousal Support
Have things changed since your divorce? Are you looking to do one of the following regarding your alimony:
- Get it when you didn’t originally
Alimony and other post-divorce judgments like child support and custody parenting plans can be modified – however – there are certain criteria that must be met. Contact us to explore your options and see how we can help you. Remember, this is something that while you may even agree with your ex-spouse, in order to make it legally binding we need to submit the proper paperwork to the court and get it approved.
Client Reviews – Fait & DiLima, PLC
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“ straight forward and honest,” “stellar in her profession,” “staff is always there to help,” “whip smart, extremely confident,” “when we go before a judge, even if it’s only a scheduling hearing, I am really glad she’s my lawyer,” “calming, comforting, nice, smart, professional, logistical and always has a smile on her face,” “appeared to be well respected by the Masters and Judges,” “very experienced and professional,” “temperament and demeanor are well suited to the high conflict and high emotion family law practice,” “prepared, civil and a strong advocate,” “Ms. DiLima brings her legal experience, professional acumen, and a commitment to her client’s interests to her practice,” “always responsive, professional, and clearly an expert,” “I had no doubt that I was in good hands,” “perfect mixture of professionally skillful and also kind and empathetic,”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
A positive result in a determination of alimony depends on several factors. The financial position of both spouses certainly plays an important role, but court decisions can also depend on which judge is presiding over the hearing. Because the factors a court considers are subjective, we have substantial opportunity to advocate for our clients’ position.
We help families both in our Rockville and Frederick Law Offices.
Locally, clients come to us from Frederick, Rockville, Potomac, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Germantown, Silver Spring, Gaithersburg, and Aspen Hill.
What To Do Now:
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Call our office (301) 251-0100 with questions, a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office and you can expect a reply within 1 business day and often within hours the same day. All information you share is confidential.