Rockville Child Access Attorney
Have Questions about Child Custody / Child Access and Looking for a Rockville Area Child Custody Attorney That Covers All the Bases, Does Not Complicate Cases for Extra Billing, Really Cares and Keeps Focused on the Best Interests of You & Your Child?
Why Choose Fait & DiLima?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 5-star rating on Google, as well as 10.0 Superb rating on respected legal site AVVO.
- Privacy – We safeguard your identity, the details of your case, and our strategy to protect your reputation.
- Confidential Case Assessment – During your phone assessment, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matters. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
- Straight Shooters – Your situation requires honesty from both me and you. We will tell you what you need to know, not necessarily what you want to hear. Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get your life back to normal sooner.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We have a personal connection to divorce and family law matters. We know what you’ve been through and we care about your well-being. You are more than just a legal matter.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Client Focused- Fait & DiLima, LLP offers skilled legal advice and advocacy for clients in Montgomery and Frederick County and surrounding areas.
- Experienced- At the family law firm of Fait & DiLima, LLP, we have been helping individuals and families deal with divorce, child custody, and visitation matters for more than 50 years.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Whenever a divorce occurs and there are children involved, the matter of with whom the children will live is often an area of contention and great emotion. No parent wants to lose contact with his or her children, and no fit parent should have to endure such a thing. After all, studies have shown that in most cases, it is in children’s best interest to remain in close contact with both parents after a divorce, no matter the custody arrangement.
In determining child custody and visitation, the courts will consider numerous factors, including the fitness of the parents, character and reputation of parents, parents’ residences, the preference of the child, and other factors. The primary concern in any custody or visitation arrangement is the best interests of the child involved.
Aspects of Child Access We Assist You With
- Child custody is the most important component of a divorce. It’s also the most contested, with both parents fighting for their rights to be with and make decisions for the child. Our Rockville, MD, child custody lawyers understand both the emotional and legal elements of these cases. We can help you navigate the various obstacles and reach an outcome that is best for your child.
- We can begin by negotiating with the other parent to create a custody agreement. In addition, we will be ready to escalate the case to court if necessary. Contact our Rockville, MD, child custody lawyer today to discuss your options.
- If you would like to modify your agreement, go over your case with a Rockville, MD, child custody lawyer. Your attorney can determine if you meet the requirements to request a modification. If you do, your attorney can gather the evidence and file the paperwork.
- If you think the other parent is unfit, speak to your Rockville, MD, child custody lawyer. Your child’s safety and well-being are at risk, so you need to move forward and take action quickly.
Courts in Maryland do not use a set of factors to determine child support, as they do with alimony. Instead, courts will use a set formula to determine which parent is eligible to receive child support and how much he or she is entitled to.
Our firm assists clients during this process by working to make sure that their income and assets are accurately reflected in the child support formula. This formula looks at the combined income of both parents, and it is essential that the calculations be accurate.
We look at a family’s specific circumstances to determine if other support might be available. This comes into play when a child has a chronic medical condition that entails extraordinary and monthly expenses for his or her care. If our client is entitled to child support, we work to ensure that supplemental payments are available to meet these expenses.
Child Support Enforcement
Sometimes the parent who pays child support — or the one receiving it — will ask a court to modify an existing child support order. We help our clients seek support modification when there is a change in their circumstances, such as a job loss. We also represent recipients of child support when their former spouse seeks a modification.
If you are not receiving the child support you have been awarded, we can assist you with enforcement of the order. We can guide you through the legal proceedings necessary to get the court on your side.
Client Reviews – Fait & DiLima, PLC
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“ straight forward and honest,” “stellar in her profession,” “staff is always there to help,” “whip smart, extremely confident,” “when we go before a judge, even if it’s only a scheduling hearing, I am really glad she’s my lawyer,” “calming, comforting, nice, smart, professional, logistical and always has a smile on her face,” “appeared to be well respected by the Masters and Judges,” “very experienced and professional,” “temperament and demeanor are well suited to the high conflict and high emotion family law practice,” “prepared, civil and a strong advocate,” “Ms. DiLima brings her legal experience, professional acumen, and a commitment to her client’s interests to her practice,” “always responsive, professional, and clearly an expert,” “I had no doubt that I was in good hands,” “perfect mixture of professionally skillful and also kind and empathetic,”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
We help families both locally within or near the Rockville area.
Locally, clients come to us from Frederick, Germantown, Silver Spring, Gaithersburg, Bethesda, Aspen Hill, Chevy Chase, and other areas.
What To Do Now:
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Call our office (301) 251-0100(301) 251-0100 with questions, a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office and you can expect a reply within 1 business day and often within hours the same day. All information you share is confidential.